Sunday, April 8, 2012

Trek-A-Day

Wow.  I guess there really aren't any original ideas any more.

While working on the previous post about "The Deadly Years", I did a bit of Googling trying to find a screen shot of a particular image of Shatner as old Kirk.  I was going to post it with a caption underneath which read: In a later scene, Kirk warns some teenage kids to stay off his lawn.

Well, I failed to find the screen shot (obviously), but I did stumble upon the site of someone else who had basically the same idea I did.  It's called TREK-A-DAY, and the author describes his goal thusly:
I am going to watch one episode of Star Trek a day, and report on the results.  Big episodes get big posts; regular episodes get tweets.  The wackier, the tweetier.
He started his journey about a month ahead of me, at the start of the year, and I fear that perhaps he's already abandoned the effort; it appears his last post was March 22.  But if you like this site (and really, why wouldn't you?), you might want to give TREK-A-DAY a look.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    Thanks for the shout-out! I got a bit behind during some theatre productions I'm involved in but have been catching up when and where possible! Glad to see I'm not the only one riding the wacky Trek blog adventure. Have fun! I'll link through to your site when I get mine back up and running. Cheers!
    -Tom, "Trek-A-Day"

    ReplyDelete